Travelers give high marks for the lively bar scene in Swindon, which is also known for its festivals. Tourists can also enjoy the city's football games and archaeological sites.
- There are 105 hotels and other accommodations in Swindon
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF), 27.6 mi (44.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 41.4 mi (66.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Swindon
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Museum of the Great Western Railway and Swindon and Cricklade Railway. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Swindon Designer Outlet and Coate Water Country Park.
In Swindon, there are 105 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Highlands of Highworth - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable rooms.
- The White Horse View B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The White Hart - With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and overall value.
Getting Around Swindon
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Swindon Station. Swindon might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Swindon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Swindon is 1.22 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F