History buffs will enjoy exploring Marlborough, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Welcoming and quaint, this city attracts tourists with its gardens and coffeehouses. A top sight in the area is Stonehenge.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodations in Marlborough
- The closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU), 33.6 mi (54.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oxford (OXF), 34.4 mi (55.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Marlborough
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like West Kennet Long Barrow, Silbury Hill, and Avebury Circle. Additionally, you might want to add Avebury Stone Circle to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Marlborough. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Manor Farm B & B - Farm - This 4-star farm stay features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and room size.
- The Old Forge - Our customers like the quiet location and comfortable beds at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Crown and Anchor - This 2-star inn features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Stonehenge, 15.9 mi/25.6 km from the city center, and Old Sarum, which is 21.3 mi (34.3 km) away.
Getting Around Marlborough
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Bedwyn Station. Marlborough may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Marlborough
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 72°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- About 0.98 inches of rain falls on Marlborough each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 36°F