Visiting Talikud Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Talikud Island has to offer including its waterfront. A top sight in the area is SM City Davao.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Talikud Island
- The closest major airport is in Davao (DVO-Francisco Bangoy Intl.), 14 mi (22.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Talikud Island
The picturesque setting of Linosutan White Sand Beach and Isla Reta Beach exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Santa Cruz Wharf to your agenda.
As you start planning for your getaway to Talikud Island, you might not find accommodations in the city center, but you can select from 205 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Talikud Island Mangrove Beach Resort is located within 2.1 mi (3.4 km) of the city center. This 2.5-star hotel in Samal features a restaurant.
- La Isla Bonita Talikud Island Resort is located 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Samal can enjoy access to a restaurant and in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Leticia By The Sea is 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the city's heart. This 2-star resort in Samal features free breakfast, parking, and 24-hour room service.
Popular places to visit outside the city include SM City Davao, located 11.3 mi (18.1 km) from the city center, and SMX Convention Center Davao, which is 12.5 mi/20.2 km away.
Dressing for Talikud Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 91°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 73°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 90°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.85 inches of rain falls on Talikud Island each year
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 73°F