Travelers to Tromso give high marks for the northern light views, local tours, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its museums and cathedral.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodations in Tromso
- The closest major airport is in Tromso (TOS-Langnes), 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bardufoss (BDU), 42.2 mi (67.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tromso
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Polar Museum, Art Museum of Northern Norway, and Polaria. The northern lights and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Polar-Alpine Botanical Gardens, As Lake, and Lillevardhaug Lake. Top activities include sledding and taking local tours, while Bakkejord Harbor is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Tromso. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Clarion Collection Hotel With - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Bed and Waffles - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this guesthouse. This 2.5-star guesthouse features ski slopes, free WiFi, and laundry facilities.
- Clarion Hotel The Edge - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and central location.
Dressing for Tromso
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 35°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 56°F during the day and 26°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 59°F during the day and 35°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 45°F as the daytime average and 21°F as the nighttime average
- About 40.39 inches of rain falls on Tromso each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 57°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 21°F