Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Troon, which is also known for its golf courses and spas. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its bars and seaside.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodations in Troon
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 3.2 mi (5.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 23.1 mi (37.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Troon
Golfing is a top activity, and Royal Troon Golf Club is one place to visit. In the area, you'll also find Irvine Beach and Scottish Maritime Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Troon. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Old Loans Inn - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The South Beach Hotel - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Marine Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and clean rooms.
Getting Around Troon
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Troon Station or Barassie Station. Troon may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Troon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 64°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 58°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.85 inches of rain falls on Troon each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 64°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F