Visiting Vara Blanca
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Vara Blanca, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the waterfalls. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its scenic landscape. Top sights around the area include La Paz Waterfall Gardens, Museum of Costa Rican Art, and Spirogyra Butterfly Garden.
- You'll find 398 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Jose
- The closest major airport is in San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 12.3 mi (19.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 14.5 mi (23.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vara Blanca
The city's waterfalls, volcanoes, and hiking trails provide a picturesque setting, and places to visit include La Paz Waterfall Gardens. Additionally, in the area you'll find Museum of Costa Rican Art and Spirogyra Butterfly Garden.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Vara Blanca. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Peace Lodge - With a stay at this 4.5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 4 restaurants, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Poas Volcano Lodge - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Villa Calas - With a stay at this 3-star villa, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Popular places to see around the area include National Center of Art and Culture, located 16.9 mi (27.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Gold Museum, which is 17 mi/27.3 km away.
Dressing for Vara Blanca
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 83°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 61°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 62°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Vara Blanca is 72.76 inches
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 62°F