Those traveling to Veyangoda are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. A top sight in the area is Negombo Beach.
- There are 401 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 12.5 mi (20.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Veyangoda
Negombo Beach is a notable place to visit in the region. In the area, you'll also find Henerathgoda Botanical Garden and Wathurugama Buddhist Temple.
As you start planning your visit to Veyangoda, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 10 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- The Covanro is 2.2 mi (3.6 km) from the center of Veyangoda. This 4-star hotel in Veyangoda features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Jetwing Lagoon is located 16.5 mi (26.6 km) from the heart of Veyangoda. Guests who stay at this 5-star resort in Negombo can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Amagi Aria - Negombo's Hidden Secret is 14.7 mi (23.7 km) from central Veyangoda. This 4-star resort in Negombo features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and overall value.
Dressing for Veyangoda
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 76°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- About 2.44 inches of rain falls on Veyangoda each year
- Usually March and February are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 72°F