Vicksburg Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from 5 affordable motels in Vicksburg among more than 39 lodging choices. When you pick one of these budget-friendly accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more cash to use on your vacation.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can enjoy all that Vicksburg has to offer. Top sights to visit include Vicksburg National Military Park.
Fun fact: Introduced in the early 1950s, colorful neon signs were used as beacons for tired families on road trips, and you can see these today along the historic U.S. Route 66. When you stay at a motel, you're likely to find an outdoor pool and a free parking spot.
Below are some of our customers’ favorite Vicksburg motels available to book:
Best Western Vicksburg
- If driving, you'll be within 19 minutes of Vicksburg National Military Park.
- Enjoy access to the fitness center, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Super 8 by Wyndham Vicksburg
- An outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- You'll be located within 16 minutes of Vicksburg National Military Park by car.
Howard Johnson by Wyndham Vicksburg
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- If driving, you'll be within 20 minutes of Vicksburg National Military Park.
- You'll be located within 20 minutes of Vicksburg National Military Park by car.
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like an LCD TV.
Americas Best Value Inn Vicksburg
- If driving, you'll be within 21 minutes of Vicksburg National Military Park.
- Enjoy access to the spa tub, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Things to Do in Vicksburg
While you're exploring this family-friendly, historical area, take time to enjoy the top-notch restaurants. Those who've visited Vicksburg speak highly of its shops and riverfront.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Vicksburg National Military Park
- Catfish Row Children's Art Park
- Linden Plantation Gardens
To learn more about local history, take some time at:
- Martha Vick House
- McNutt House
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Vicksburg Convention Center
- Old Warren County Court House Museum
- Biedenharn Coca-Cola Museum
Vicksburg is also known for its:
- Casino gaming
Best Time to Visit Vicksburg
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Vicksburg by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 72° F and nighttime temperatures average 35° F
- April-June: 91° F is the daytime average and 49° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 93° F and nighttime averages are around 58° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 83° F during the day and 35° F at night
- Average rainfall is 54.72 inches in a year
How to Get to Vicksburg and Around the Area
|Madison, MS (DXE-Bruce Campbell Field) ||Airport ||44.9 mi (72.3 km) |
|Jackson, MS (JAN-Evers Intl.) ||Airport ||46.2 mi (74.3 km) |