History buffs will enjoy exploring Vicksburg, and visitors give high marks for the casinos, riverfront, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its monuments, museums, and restaurants. A top sight in the city is Vicksburg National Military Park.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodations in Vicksburg
- The closest major airport is in Madison, MS (DXE-Bruce Campbell Field), 44.9 mi (72.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Jackson, MS (JAN-Evers Intl.), 46.2 mi (74.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vicksburg
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Martha Vick House, Biedenharn Coca-Cola Museum, and Old Depot Museum. Its monuments and historic sites are notable and landmarks include McNutt House. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Vicksburg National Military Park, Catfish Row Children's Art Park, and Linden Plantation Gardens.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Vicksburg. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Duff Green Mansion - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and convenient parking.
- Belle of the Bends - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Baer House Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Dressing for Vicksburg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 72°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Vicksburg gets about 54.72 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 37°F