Find Hotels in Villeurbanne
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Aug 26, 2019
Reviewed on Dec 17, 2019
Reviewed on Jan 13, 2021
Visitors to Villeurbanne are sure to enjoy the shopping and university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theaters, sightseeing tours, and gardens. Top sights around the area include Musee d'Art Contemporain, Musee Lumiere, and Tete d'Or Park.
- You'll find 798 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lyon
- The closest major airport is in Lyon (LYS-Saint-Exupery), 9.6 mi (15.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Grenoble (GNB-Grenoble - Isere), 35.6 mi (57.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Villeurbanne
Cultural venues in the city include Centre Culturel Oecumenique, Espace Tonkin, and Transbordeur. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Claude Bernard University Lyon 1 and Claude Bernard University. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Place Grand Clement and Astroballe.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Villeurbanne. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Des Toits en Ville - This bed & breakfast is a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Hôtel des Congrès - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Ibis Styles Lyon Villeurbanne - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in La Doua can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Musee d'Art Contemporain, 2 mi/3.2 km from the city center, and Musee Lumiere, which is 2 mi (3.3 km) away.
Getting Around Villeurbanne
Take advantage of metro transit at Flachet Station, Gratte Ciel Station, and Cusset Metro Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Villeurbanne
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 31°F at night
- About 1.18 inches of rain falls on Villeurbanne each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 31°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Villeurbanne?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Villeurbanne, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Villeurbanne?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Villeurbanne?
What's the best hotel for a stay in La Doua?
What's the best accommodation when traveling with kids to Villeurbanne?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Villeurbanne?
Where is the best hotel to stay with easy access to Transbordeur?
What about the best place to stay near Claude Bernard University Lyon 1?
Where is the best area of Villeurbanne for tourists?
Recent reviews of Villeurbanne hotels
More trip options
- Villeurbanne Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Villeurbanne Airports
- Hotels in Villeurbanne Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Villeurbanne Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Villeurbanne
- More Hotel Options in Villeurbanne
- More Popular Hotels in Lyon
- Other Hotels near Villeurbanne, Lyon
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends