Find Hotels in Lyon
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $49
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Feb 16, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Aug 20, 2020
Where to stay in Lyon
Lyon City Centre
Lyon City Centre is highly notable for its popular shops, and you might want to visit top sights like Bellecour Square and Part Dieu Mall. See more of Lyon by jumping on the metro at Rue de l'Universite Tram Stop or Saint-André Tram Stop.
4.5/5Wonderful!(50 area reviews)
Take time in Old Lyon to visit attractions like Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière and Lyon Cathedral. You might also appreciate the abundant dining options, and you can hop on the metro at Vieux Lyon Station to see more of the city.
Travelers love 2nd Arrondissement for its popular shops, and you can see more of Lyon by jumping on the metro at Suchet Tram Stop or Sainte-Blandine Tram Stop. You might spend time checking out top sights like Bellecour Square and Confluence Museum.
3.5/5Good!(24 area reviews)
The coffeehouses and live music are just a few things visitors like about Gerland. Halle Tony Garnier and Stade Gerland are worthwhile spots to check out, and you can hop on the metro at Debourg Station or Stade de Gerland Station to get around the larger area.
3.5/5Good!(25 area reviews)
Learn about Lyon’s intriguing role in the French Resistance and enjoy entertainment in the form of rugby, soccer and music in this district’s iconic venues.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Lyon, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, theaters, and cathedral. Top sights in the city include Lyon City Hall, Place des Terreaux, and Museum of Fine Arts of Lyon.
- There are 814 hotels and other accommodations in Lyon
- The closest major airport is in Lyon (LYS-Saint-Exupery), 12 mi (19.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Saint-Etienne (EBU-Saint-Etienne - Loire Intl.), 30.8 mi (49.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lyon
The city is well known for its museums and theaters, and cultural venues include Museum of Fine Arts of Lyon, Lyon Opera, and Gallo-Roman Museum (Musee de la Civilization Gallo-Romaine). Families come for attractions such as Lyon Aquarium, Quai de Bondy Vaporetto Stop, and Quai Tilsit Vaporetto Stop. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Place des Terreaux, Lyon Cathedral, and Bellecour Square.
In Lyon, there are 814 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Villa Maïa - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Lyon City Centre can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with a free stocked minibar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and comfortable rooms.
- Pavillon De La Rotonde - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a casino, and a restaurant.
- Félix Dort - With a stay at this bed & breakfast in Lyon City Centre, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Lyon include Lyon City Hall, Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière, and Tete d'Or Park. Outside the city, top places to visit include Temple d'Auguste et de Livie, 16.8 mi/27.1 km from the city center, and Theatre Antique, which is 16.9 mi (27.2 km) away.
Getting Around Lyon
With so many transportation options, seeing Lyon is easy. Take advantage of metro transit at Hotel de Ville - Louis Pradel Station, Croix Paquet Station, and Cordeliers Bourse Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Lyon Saint Paul Station, Lyon Perrache Station, or Lyon Part-Dieu Station.
Dressing for Lyon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 31°F at night
- Lyon gets about 1.18 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 31°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Lyon?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Lyon, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Lyon?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Lyon?
What's the best hotel for a stay in Old Lyon?
What's a favorite place to stay in Lyon City Centre?
What's the best accommodation for families in Lyon?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic vacation to Lyon?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Lyon?
What's the best hotel to stay close to Groupama Stadium?
What about the best place to stay near Eurexpo Lyon?
Recent reviews of Lyon hotels
More trip options
- Lyon Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Lyon Airports
- Hotels in Lyon Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Lyon Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Lyon
- More Hotel Options in Lyon
- Lyon Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes
- Other Hotels near Lyon, Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends