Travelers to Waco give high marks for the fun sporting events, shopping, and college vibe. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, restaurants, and theaters. A top sight in the city is Magnolia Market at the Silos.
- There are 152 hotels and other accommodations in Waco
- The closest major airport is in Waco, TX (ACT-Waco Regional), 6.5 mi (10.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Killeen, TX (GRK-Killeen-Fort Hood Regional), 53.1 mi (85.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Waco
The city is well known for its museums and theaters, and cultural venues include Dr. Pepper Museum, Texas Ranger Hall of Fame, and Texas Sports Hall of Fame. Attractions like Cameron Park Zoo and Hawaiian Falls are fun for everyone, not just kids. Notable city landmarks like Waco Mammoth National Monument and Zion Lutheran Church of McGregor might be worth a visit.
In Waco, there are 152 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Waco - This 2.5-star hotel in University features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- SpringHill Suites Waco Woodway - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free Internet.
- Candlewood Suites Waco - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Other top sights in Waco include Magnolia Market at the Silos.
Getting Around Waco
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at McGregor Station. Waco might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Waco
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 94°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 98°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- About 34.68 inches of rain falls on Waco each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 96°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 37°F