Visiting Waiheke Island
Visitors to Waiheke Island are sure to enjoy the wineries. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its white-sand beaches. Top sights in the city include Onetangi Beach and Oneroa Beach.
- You'll find 756 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Auckland
- The closest major airport is in Auckland (AKL-Auckland Intl.), 22.9 mi (36.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Waiheke Island
The city's natural beauty is on display at Onetangi Beach, Oneroa Beach, and Whakanewha Regional Park. Top activities include wine tasting and taking a ferry, while Tantalus Estate, Saratoga Estate Winery, and Obsidian Waiheke Island Vineyard are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Eco Zip Adventures and Waiheke Golf Club.
In Waiheke Island, you'll be able to select from 112 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Enclosure Bay - With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
- The Oyster Inn - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this inn. With a stay at this 4.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Breakfast on the Beach - This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Top places to visit outside the city include Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World, located 16 mi (25.7 km) from the city center, and Sky Tower, which is 19 mi (30.6 km) away.
Dressing for Waiheke Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 57°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 61°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 50°F
- Waiheke Island gets about 49.25 inches of rain per year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 46°F