Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Willemstad, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its casinos and cafés. Top sights in the city include Mambo Beach and Curacao Sea Aquarium.
- There are 264 hotels and other accommodations in Willemstad
- The closest major airport is in Willemstad (CUR-Hato Intl.), 5 mi (8.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Willemstad
Cultural venues in the city include Museum Kura Hulanda, Curacao Museum, and Curacao Maritime Museum. Attractions like Curacao Sea Aquarium, Curacao Ostrich Farm, and Parke Tropikal Zoo are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Queen Juliana Bridge, Queen Emma Bridge (The Swinging Old Lady), and Mikve Israel-Emanuel Synagogue.
In Willemstad, you'll be able to select from 264 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- BijBlauw Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel in Pietermaai District features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Baoase Luxury Resort - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Pietermaai District can enjoy access to a private beach and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Scuba Lodge & Ocean Suites - This 3.5-star hotel in Pietermaai District features 2 outdoor pools, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and beach locale.
Other top sights in Willemstad include Mambo Beach. Top places to see outside the city include Jan Thiel Beach, located 4.3 mi (6.9 km) from the city center, and Blue Bay, which is 4.1 mi/6.6 km away.
Dressing for Willemstad
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 86°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 75°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 77°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 79°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 76°F as the nighttime average
- Willemstad gets about 1.69 inches of rain per year
- September and October are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 75°F