History buffs will enjoy exploring Alexandria, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its shopping.
- There are 32 hotels and other accommodations in Alexandria
- The closest major airport is in Alexandria, LA (AEX-Alexandria Intl.), 9.1 mi (14.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Alexandria
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Kent Plantation House. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Alexandria Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Alexandria Zoological Park and Rapides Parish Coliseum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Alexandria. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Alexandria - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Alexandria - Our customers like the pool and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Candlewood Suites Alexandria - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour fitness center, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Alexandria
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 38°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- Alexandria gets about 60.91 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 39°F