Visitors can enjoy all that Oakdale has to offer including the casinos and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its quaint and welcoming setting.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Oakdale
- The closest major airport is in Alexandria, LA (AEX-Alexandria Intl.), 35.6 mi (57.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Oakdale
A couple of favorite places to visit are Allen Parish Libraries - Oakdale Branch and Oakdale Park and Ballfield. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
Below is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Oakdale Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Oakdale
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 39°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 39°F as the nighttime average
- Oakdale gets about 2.05 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F