Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Ampang, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its festivals. Around the area, top sights include Petronas Twin Towers, Petaling Street, and Merdeka Square.
- You'll find 2042 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Kuala Lumpur
- The closest major airport is in Subang (SZB-Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah), 13.7 mi (22.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kuala Lumpur (KUL-Kuala Lumpur Intl.), 26.8 mi (43.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ampang
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Ampang Recreational Forest. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ampang Point Shopping Centre and Kelab Darul Ehsan.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Ampang. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Gulshan - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and valet parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping.
- M Design Hotel at Pandan Indah - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel in Pandan Indah features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk.
- OYO 192 Puteri Ampang Hotel - Amenities at this 2-star hotel include free WiFi and a 24-hour front desk. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping.
Top places to visit around the area include Petronas Twin Towers, 3.9 mi/6.2 km from the city center, and Petaling Street, which is 4.7 mi (7.5 km) away.
Getting Around Ampang
You can access metro transit at Cahaya Station, Ampang Station, and Cempaka Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Ampang
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 73°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 73°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- Ampang gets about 3.15 inches of rain per year
- Usually March and February are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 72°F