Find Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $21
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jan 9, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 22, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 31, 2020
Where to stay in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur City Centre
4/5Very Good!(115 area reviews)
Known for its fantastic nightlife and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Kuala Lumpur City Centre. Check out top attractions like Petronas Twin Towers and Suria KLCC Shopping Centre, and jump on the metro at Kampang Baru Station or Bukit Nanas Station to see more of the city.
4/5Very Good!(36 area reviews)
Designer brands, discount goods and international and traditional restaurants make this a popular Kuala Lumpur destination.
4.5/5Wonderful!(747 area reviews)
Kuala Lumpur Tower and Pavilion Kuala Lumpur are top sights in Golden Triangle, and you should be sure to explore the popular shops. Hop aboard the metro at Raja Chulan Station or Bukit Nanas Station to see more sights in the area.
Mid Valley City
4.5/5Wonderful!(16 area reviews)
Mid Valley City is known for its abundant dining options, and you can plan a trip to Mid Valley Mega Mall and The Gardens Mall while you're in town.
4/5Very Good!(42 area reviews)
Chinatown is beloved for its popular shops. Take some time to explore sights in the area like Petaling Street and Central Market.
Visiting Kuala Lumpur
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Kuala Lumpur, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and Chinatown. Vibrant and culturally-rich, this city attracts tourists with its architecture and temples. Top sights in the city include Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, Berjaya Times Square, and Kuala Lumpur Tower.
- There are 2792 hotels and other accommodations in Kuala Lumpur
- The closest major airport is in Subang (SZB-Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah), 10 mi (16.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kuala Lumpur (KUL-Kuala Lumpur Intl.), 26.8 mi (43.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kuala Lumpur
Cultural venues in the city include Petrosains Science Discovery Centre, DBKL City Theatre, and Kuala Lumpur City Gallery. Families come for attractions such as Berjaya Times Square, Kuala Lumpur Bird Park, and i-City. Its Chinatown and temples are notable and landmarks include Kuala Lumpur Tower, Petronas Twin Towers, and Jamek Mosque.
In Kuala Lumpur, you'll find 2792 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- CitizenM Kuala Lumpur Bukit Bintang - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Bukit Bintang can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and overall value.
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Kuala Lumpur City Centre features a full-service spa, 4 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- Alila Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur - This 4.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Other favorite sights in Kuala Lumpur include Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, KLCC Park, and Suria KLCC Shopping Centre. Outside the city, popular places to see include Sepang International Circuit, located 26.7 mi (43 km) from the city center, and Sekeping Serendah Retreats, which is 16.4 mi/26.4 km away.
Getting Around Kuala Lumpur
With so many transportation options, seeing Kuala Lumpur is simple. Take advantage of metro transit at Bukit Bintang Station, Imbi Station, and Raja Chulan Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Kuala Lumpur Masjid Jamek Station, Kuala Lumpur Pasar Seni Station, or Kuala Lumpur Station.
Dressing for Kuala Lumpur
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 91°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 73°F at night
- About 3.15 inches of rain falls on Kuala Lumpur each year
- Hottest months are usually March and February with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 72°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Kuala Lumpur?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kuala Lumpur, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Kuala Lumpur?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Kuala Lumpur?
Where is the best place to stay in Bukit Bintang?
What's a favorite place to stay in Mid Valley City?
What's the best accommodation for a family vacation in Kuala Lumpur?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic vacation to Kuala Lumpur?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Kuala Lumpur?
Where is the best hotel to stay close to Petronas Twin Towers?
What about the best place to stay near Pavilion Kuala Lumpur?
Recent reviews of Kuala Lumpur hotels
More trip options
- Kuala Lumpur Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Kuala Lumpur Airports
- Hotels in Kuala Lumpur Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Kuala Lumpur Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Kuala Lumpur
- More Hotel Options in Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Selangor
- Other Hotels near Kuala Lumpur, Selangor
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends