Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Arcata, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this scenic city can discover its university setting, shopping, and beaches.
- You'll find 245 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Eureka
- The closest major airport is in Eureka, CA (ACV-Arcata - Eureka), 9.1 mi (14.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Arcata
The beaches and forests highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Arcata Community Forest, Arcata Marsh Interpretive Center, and Mad River Hatchery. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Humboldt State University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Arcata Plaza and Arcata Theatre Lounge.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Arcata. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Arcata - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and convenient parking.
- Best Western Arcata Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool.
- Comfort Inn Arcata-Humboldt Area - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Dressing for Arcata
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 41°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 63°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 65°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- About 39.76 inches of rain falls on Arcata each year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 64°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 41°F