Visitors give high marks for the riverfront in Fortuna, which is also known for its breweries and forests. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its festivals.
- You'll find 244 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Eureka
- The closest major airport is in Eureka, CA (ACV-Arcata - Eureka), 26.5 mi (42.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fortuna
The riverfront, forests, and hiking trails exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Rohner Park and Fortuna Dog Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Fortuna Depot Museum and Fortuna City Hall.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Fortuna. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Country Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Comfort Inn & Suites Redwood Country - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Fortuna - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Dressing for Fortuna
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 43°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- About 48.90 inches of rain falls on Fortuna each year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 72°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 43°F