Find Hotels in Arecibo
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Aug 20, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 3, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 24, 2020
Reviewed on Jul 21, 2020
Visitors to Arecibo are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, theme park, and parks. Top sights around the area include Arecibo Observatory and Rio Camuy Cave Park.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodations in Arecibo
- The closest major airport is in Ponce (PSE-Mercedita), 28.9 mi (46.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Aguadilla (BQN-Rafael Hernandez), 30.6 mi (49.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Arecibo
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Cueva Ventana, La Poza Beach, and Cano Tiburones Nature Reserve. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Arecibo Observatory and Arecibo Lighthouse.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Arecibo. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Vacation Rentals at Salitre - With a stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Arecibo Inn - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Coastal Express Inn - Amenities at this 2.5-star apartment include free WiFi and free parking.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Rio Camuy Cave Park, 10.4 mi/16.7 km from the city center.
Dressing for Arecibo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 87°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 71°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 71°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Arecibo is 52.48 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while March and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 71°F