Visitors to Athens are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, shopping, and university setting.
- You'll find 61 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Athens - Sweetwater
- The closest major airport is in Knoxville, TN (TYS-McGhee Tyson), 42.2 mi (67.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chattanooga, TN (CHA-Chattanooga Metropolitan), 44.1 mi (71 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Athens
The city's natural beauty is on display at Veterans Memorial Park, McMinn Field, and Knox Park. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Tennessee Wesleyan College is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are McMinn County Living Heritage Museum and Heritage Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Athens. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Comfort Inn Athens - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Hampton Inn Athens - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Athens - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Athens
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 26°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Athens is 55.59 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 28°F