Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Balaclava, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and tucked away, this city will delight tourists with its beaches, sporting events, and spas. Trou aux Biches Beach, Immigration Depot, and Pamplemousses Botanical Garden are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in Balaclava
- The closest major airport is in Mahebourg (MRU-Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Intl.), 26.6 mi (42.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Balaclava
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Turtle Bay and Turtle Bay Marine Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find Trou aux Biches Beach and Immigration Depot.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Balaclava. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Oberoi Mauritius - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a private balcony. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- The Westin Turtle Bay Resort & Spa, Mauritius - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Angsana Balaclava Mauritius - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Popular places to see in the area include Pamplemousses Botanical Garden, 5.2 mi/8.4 km from the city center, and Caudan Waterfront, which is 5.3 mi/8.6 km away.
Dressing for Balaclava
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 73°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 67°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Balaclava is 1.22 inches
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while August and September are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 65°F