Visiting Pointe aux Canonniers
Visitors to Pointe aux Canonniers are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sporting events. Top sights around the area include Grand Bay Beach, Trou aux Biches Beach, and Pamplemousses Botanical Garden.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in Pointe aux Canonniers
- The closest major airport is in Mahebourg (MRU-Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Intl.), 30.4 mi (48.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Pointe aux Canonniers
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Mont Choisy Beach and Canonnier Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Blue Water Diving Center to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Pointe aux Canonniers. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Seapoint Boutique Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to the airport.
- Baystone Boutique Hotel & Spa - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with free WiFi.
- 20 Degrés Sud - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Grand Bay Beach, 1.6 mi/2.5 km from the heart of the city, and Trou aux Biches Beach, which is 2.1 mi (3.4 km) away.
Dressing for Pointe aux Canonniers
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 73°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 67°F at night
- About 1.10 inches of rain falls on Pointe aux Canonniers each year
- Hottest months are usually February and December with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are September and August with an average of 65°F