Find Hotels in Barcelona
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Mar 9, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Barcelona
4.5/5Wonderful!(2,488 area reviews)
If you love exploring medieval streets, watching street artists and eating tapas along shared tables in tiny bars, head straight for the Barri Gòtic of Barcelona.
4.5/5Wonderful!(3,576 area reviews)
This upscale part of Barcelona charms with grand buildings, modernist architecture, fine dining, and trendy bars and luxury shops.
La Sagrada Familia
Walk in Gaudí’s footsteps by visiting his breathtaking temple, an impressive labor of love that started in the late 19th century and is still ongoing today.
4.5/5Wonderful!(97 area reviews)
A tough port neighborhood turned youthful beach hangout provides a sense of Barcelona’s many faces, with sea views as well.
4.5/5Wonderful!(298 area reviews)
A high-end fashion district in Barcelona, located just north of the modernist hub of Eixample, is home to the wonderful realm of Park Guëll.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Barcelona, and visitors give high marks for the interesting architecture, renowned art, and fascinating museums. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its monuments, cathedral, and shopping. Top sights in the city include Palau Guell, Gran Teatre del Liceu, and La Rambla.
- There are 3088 hotels and other accommodations in Barcelona
- The closest major airport is in Barcelona (BCN-Barcelona Intl.), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Gerona (GRO-Costa Brava), 47.3 mi (76.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Barcelona
Known for its art, museums, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Gran Teatre del Liceu, Palau de la Musica Catalana, and Picasso Museum. Attractions like Barcelona Aquarium, Barcelona Zoo, and Tibidabo Amusement Park are fun for kids of all ages. Notable for its monuments, cathedral, and historic sites, the city's landmarks include Palau Guell, Barcelona Cathedral, and Placa de Catalunya.
In Barcelona, you'll be able to select from 3088 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Serras - This 5-star hotel in Gothic Quarter features a casino, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Masia Can Canyes & Spa - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this farm stay. With a stay at this 4-star farm stay, guests can enjoy access to a winery and a full-service spa, along with a private pool.
- Masia Can Canal - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers love its family-friendly amenities and pool.
Other favorite sights in Barcelona include La Rambla, Boqueria Market, and Port Vell. Top places to visit outside the city include Sitges Beachfront, located 21.8 mi (35.1 km) from the city center, and Calella Beach, which is 29.9 mi/48.2 km away.
Getting Around Barcelona
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Barcelona is simple. You can take advantage of metro transit at Parc de Montjuic Station, Paral-lel Station, and Liceu Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Barcelona Placa de Catalunya Station, Plaça de Catalunya Station, or Barcelona Paseo de Gracia Station.
Dressing for Barcelona
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 43°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 44°F as the nighttime average
- Barcelona gets about 23.39 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 45°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Barcelona?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Barcelona, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Barcelona?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Barcelona?
Where is the best place to stay in Gothic Quarter?
What's a favorite place to stay in El Born?
What's the best accommodation for a family vacation to Barcelona?
What's the best hotel for a romantic vacation to Barcelona?
What is the top LGBTQ-friendly accommodation in Barcelona?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Barcelona?
Where is the best hotel to stay close to La Rambla?
Recent reviews of Barcelona hotels
More trip options
- Barcelona Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Barcelona Airports
- Hotels in Barcelona Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Barcelona Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Barcelona
- More Hotel Options in Barcelona
- Barcelona Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Catalonia
- Other Hotels near Barcelona, Catalonia
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends