History buffs will enjoy exploring Bloomington, and visitors give high marks for the college vibe, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices, live music, and theaters.
- There are 54 hotels and other accommodations in Bloomington
- The closest major airport is in Bloomington, IL (BMI-Central Illinois Regional), 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Peoria, IL (PIA-Greater Peoria Regional), 38.7 mi (62.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bloomington
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and cultural venues include Atlanta Museum, Children's Discovery Museum, and Pontiac-Oakland Automobile Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like St. Joseph's Catholic Church, Paul Bunyan Statue, and Smiley Water Tower. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Bloomington-Normal Factory Stores, Eastland Mall, and The Shoppes at College Hills.
In Bloomington, you'll find 54 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Pontiac - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Vrooman Mansion Bloomington - Our customers like the central location and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hyatt Place Bloomington/Normal - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Bloomington
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Uptown Station or Pontiac Station. Bloomington might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Bloomington
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 57°F and the nighttime average to be 14°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 18°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Bloomington is 39.61 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 18°F