Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Bower has to offer. There are 32 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Wick (WIC), 11.2 mi (18 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Kirkwall (KOI), 31.3 mi (50.4 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Bower
Places to visit in the larger region include Dunnet Bay Beach, Castle of Mey, and Dunnet Head Lighthouse. In the area, you'll also find Scrabster Ferry Terminal and Pulteney Distillery.
As you start planning your visit to Bower, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 18 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Muthu Royal Thurso Hotel is 7.4 mi (12 km) from central Bower. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Thurso can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room coffeemaker. Our customers like its dining options and breakfast.
- Forss House Hotel is 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from the center of Bower. This 4-star hotel in Thurso features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. Our customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Castletown Hotel is located 3.4 mi (5.4 km) from the heart of Bower. This 2-star hotel in Thurso features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Bower
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 58°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 61°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 55°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- Average annual rainfall for Bower is 1.22 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 59°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 35°F