Bargain hunters enjoy visiting Butterworth though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's white-sand beaches and seafood restaurants. TESCO, Kek Lok Si Temple, and Fort Cornwallis are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Butterworth
- The closest major airport is in Penang (PEN-Penang Intl.), 13.1 mi (21.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Butterworth
A couple of favorite places to visit are Ninth Emperor God Temple and Sultan Abdul Halim Ferry Terminal. In the area, you'll also find TESCO and Kek Lok Si Temple.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Butterworth. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- T+ Hotel Butterworth - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and overall condition.
- De Garden Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Lodge 18 Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and concierge services, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its clean rooms.
Popular places to see outside the city include Fort Cornwallis, located 3.4 mi (5.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Pinang Peranakan Mansion, which is 3.6 mi/5.7 km away.
Dressing for Butterworth
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 74°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- Average annual rainfall for Butterworth is 2.68 inches
- Usually February and March are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 72°F