Families will find kid-friendly activities in Buxton, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sightseeing tours. In Buxton, there are 42 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Buxton
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Cape Hatteras National Seashore and Hatteras Island. Additionally, you might want to add Cape Hatteras Lighthouse to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Buxton. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Inn on Pamlico Sound - This 3.5-star inn features a private beach, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Lighthouse View Oceanfront Lodging - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this hotel. Amenities at this hotel include a private beach and an outdoor pool.
- Cape Pines Motel - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Buxton
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 38°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 49°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 39°F
- Average annual rainfall for Buxton is 58.03 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 40°F