Visiting Kill Devil Hills
Travelers to Kill Devil Hills give high marks for the beaches and important monuments. This city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants and entertainment choices. A top sight in the city is Wright Brothers National Memorial.
- There are 183 hotels and other accommodations in Kill Devil Hills
- The closest major airport is in Manteo, NC (MEO-Dare County Regional), 6.3 mi (10.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kill Devil Hills
Attractions like Destination Fun, Professor Hacker's Lost Treasure Golf, and Paradise Fun Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its monuments and landmarks such as Wright Brothers National Memorial. The city's beaches and sunrises provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Nags Head Woods Preserve.
In Kill Devil Hills, there are 183 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Cypress House Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- See Sea Motel - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with in-room Smart TVs.
- Shutters on the Banks - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Dressing for Kill Devil Hills
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Kill Devil Hills gets about 49.96 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 37°F