Find Hotels in Cape Breton Island
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Check Cape Breton Island hotel prices
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 28, 2020
Visiting Cape Breton Island
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Cape Breton Island, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port. Scenic and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its local tours and live music. A top sight in the city is Cape Breton Highlands National Park.
- There are 211 hotels and other accommodations in Cape Breton Island
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NS (YQY), 31.2 mi (50.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cape Breton Island
Well-known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Site, Cape Breton Centre for Craft and Design, and Membertou Heritage Park. The city is notable for landmarks like Gilbert H. Grosvenor Hall, St. George's Church & Cemetery, and Bethel Presbyterian Church. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Cape Breton Highlands National Park, Bras d'Or Lake, and Doyles Bridge Pool.
In Cape Breton Island, there are 211 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Chambers Guest House B&B - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney Nova Scotia - Our customers like the pool and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Aaron's Dove House Bed & Breakfast Harbourside - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and room size.
Dressing for Cape Breton Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 39°F and the nighttime average to be 10°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 72°F during the day and 24°F at night
- July through September averages 75°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 58°F during the day and 18°F at night
- Cape Breton Island gets about 1.18 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 72°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 13°F
More trip options
- Cape Breton Island Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Cape Breton Island Airports
- Hotels near Popular Cape Breton Island Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Cape Breton Island
- More Hotel Options in Cape Breton Island
- More Popular Hotels in Nova Scotia
- Other Hotels near Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends