Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Carlsbad, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the parks, zoo, and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's riverfront, entertainment choices, and museums. A top sight in the city is Carlsbad Caverns National Park.
- There are 41 hotels and other accommodations in Carlsbad
- The closest major airport is in Carlsbad, NM (CNM-Cavern City Air Terminal), 5.2 mi (8.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Carlsbad
The city's cultural venues include Artesia Historical Museum and Carlsbad Museum & Art Center. The desert, parks, and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Carlsbad Caverns National Park, Sitting Bull Falls, and Lake Carlsbad Recreation Area are worth a visit. Taking local tours is just one of the top activities, while Lake Carlsbad Golf Course and Bulldog Bowl are sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 41 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Carlsbad. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fiddler's Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hotel Artesia - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Artesia - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and quiet location.
Dressing for Carlsbad
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 27°F
- From April to June, the average is 96°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 96°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 82°F as the daytime average and 27°F as the nighttime average
- Carlsbad gets about 13.43 inches of rain per year
- June and July are usually the hottest months averaging 94°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F