Visitors to Chama are sure to enjoy the riverfront. The scenic and relaxing setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Chama
- The closest major airport is in Alamosa, CO (ALS-San Luis Valley Regional), 53.7 mi (86.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Chama
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Carson National Forest. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad and Chama Church of Christ.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Chama. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Parlor Car Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- CHAMA RIVER BEND LODGE - Our customers like the clean rooms and location at this motel. This 2.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities.
- Elkhorn Lodge Chama - With a stay at this 2-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Chama
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 6°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 21°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 32°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 7°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Chama is 23.54 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 8°F