Bad news: They were having "plumbing issues" at the opposite end of the building from our room, couldn't guarantee we wouldn't have a similar problem, couldn't get plumber there until Monday. Good news: they anticipated my needs, and called a nearby motel to save us a room. Since bathroom calamities in the middle of the night are NOT my idea of a fun time, we took the room at the nearby motel, and were pleased with our stay there. Kudos to Branding Iron Motel for ensuring we had an option.
Overview of Branding Iron Motel
Explore the area
Choose dates to view prices
Free cancellation on all rooms
You can change or cancel this stay if plans change. Because flexibility matters.
Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed
Standard Room, 2 Double Beds
About this area
Branding Iron Motel is located in Chama. Chama Church of Christ is a local landmark, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Cumbres Pass and Heron Lake State Park.Visit our Chama travel guide
- Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad - 18 min walk
- Chama Church of Christ - 18 min walk
- Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railway - 3 min drive
- Cumbres Pass - 19 min drive
- Heron Lake State Park - 28 min drive
- Alamosa, CO (ALS-San Luis Valley Regional) - 98 min drive
- High Country Saloon and Restaurant - 11 min walk
- Boxcar Cafe - 18 min walk
About this property
Branding Iron Motel
Food and drink
Special check-in instructions
- The front desk is open daily from 7 AM - 10 PM. <br />
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 15 per pet, per day
- 2 per room
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
Property payment types
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Pet fee: USD 15 per pet, per day
- Service animals are exempt from fees
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
We should mention
Property is also known as
- Branding Iron Chama
- Branding Iron Motel
- Branding Iron Motel Chama
- Branding Iron Hotel Chama
- Branding Iron Motel Motel
- Branding Iron Motel Chama
- Branding Iron Motel Motel Chama
Frequently asked questions
- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, amenities
Blast from the past linoleum and decor but very clean, well-lit and clean. No complaints. It’s a throw-back!