Charlotte Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You'll find 48 economical motels in Charlotte among more than 798 hotels and other lodging choices. When you pick one of these budget-friendly accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
Because you'll save on your room, you can experience more of the activities in Charlotte. Not-to-be-missed sights include EpiCentre, Spectrum Center, and Bank of America Stadium.
Fun fact: Motels began in the 1920s as convenient lodging for the weary traveler taking a road trip along America's major roadways. Motels often offer free parking, and many have outdoor pools.
Here are some of our customers' best-rated Charlotte motels to select from:
Days Inn by Wyndham Charlotte Airport North
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of Bank of America Stadium and Charlotte Convention Center.
- Enjoy access to the fitness center, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Super 8 by Wyndham Charlotte University
- An outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- It's located within a 10-minute drive of University of North Carolina at Charlotte and EpiCentre.
Quality Inn & Suites
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- If driving, you'll be within 13 minutes of Carowinds Theme Park.
Days Inn by Wyndham Charlotte/Woodlawn Near Carowinds
- It's located within a quick 3-minute drive of Billy Graham Library.
- Room amenities like free WiFi are included, along with freebies like breakfast, parking, and an airport shuttle.
Continental Inn Charlotte
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of University of North Carolina at Charlotte and EpiCentre.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Things to Do in Charlotte
Check out the great live music and entertainment choices in this vibrant area while you're sightseeing. People who visit Charlotte love its university life and shops.
Here are some popular places:
- Spectrum Center
- Bank of America Stadium
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Lake Norman
- Freedom Park
- Fourth Ward Park
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Carowinds Theme Park
- U.S. National Whitewater Center
- Sea Life Charlotte-Concord
Charlotte is also known for its:
Best Time to Visit Charlotte
Figure out the ideal time to visit Charlotte by reviewing these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 68° F and nighttime temperatures average 29° F
- April-June: 89° F is the daytime average and 43° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 89° F and nighttime averages are around 55° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 76° F during the day and 30° F at night
- Average rainfall is 41.61 inches in a year
How to Get to Charlotte and Around the Area
|Charlotte, NC (CLT-Charlotte-Douglas Intl.) ||Airport ||5.7 mi (9.2 km) |
|Concord, NC (USA-Concord Regional) ||Airport ||13.1 mi (21.2 km) |
|Charlotte Transportation Center Station ||Metro Station ||0.2 mi (0.3 km) |
|3rd St - Convention Center Station ||Metro Station ||0.2 mi (0.4 km) |
|7th St Station ||Metro Station ||0.3 mi (0.5 km) |
|Charlotte Station ||Train Station ||1.5 mi (2.4 km) |
|Gastonia Station ||Train Station ||18.3 mi (29.4 km) |
|Kannapolis Station ||Train Station ||22.3 mi (35.9 km) |