Visitors can enjoy all that Checa has to offer including the gardens and local tours. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals. Around the area, top sights include Monument to the Equator, El Panecillo, and Atahualpa Olympic Stadium.
- You'll find 386 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Quito
- The closest major airport is in Quito (UIO-Mariscal Sucre Intl.), 2.9 mi (4.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Checa
Monument to the Equator, El Panecillo, and Atahualpa Olympic Stadium are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Estadio Rodrigo Paz Delgado and Basilica of the National Vow.
As you make plans for a getaway to Checa, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 41 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Quinta Natura Hotel is located in central Checa. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Checa can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Wyndham Quito Airport is located 0.1 mi (0.1 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Tababela can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and central location.
- Eb Hotel By Eurobuilding Airport Quito is located within 2.8 mi (4.5 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Tababela can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit outside the city include Independence Square, 14.9 mi/23.9 km from the city center, and Quito Cathedral, which is 14.9 mi/24 km away.
Dressing for Checa
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 65°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 48°F
- From April to June, the average is 65°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- Checa gets about 1.61 inches of rain per year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 67°F, while September and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F