Visitors to Puembo are sure to enjoy the restaurants and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours, spas, and coffeehouses. Top sights around the area include El Panecillo, Monument to the Equator, and Atahualpa Olympic Stadium.
- You'll find 386 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Quito
- The closest major airport is in Quito (UIO-Mariscal Sucre Intl.), 3.8 mi (6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Puembo
Notable places to visit in the larger region include El Panecillo, Monument to the Equator, and Atahualpa Olympic Stadium. In the area, you'll also find Estadio Rodrigo Paz Delgado and Basilica of the National Vow.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Puembo. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- San Jose de Puembo Quito Airport, an Ascend Hotel Collection - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- QUITO POLO CLUB S.A - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Casa de Hacienda Su Merced - This 3-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Independence Square, 10.8 mi/17.3 km from the city center, and Quito Cathedral, which is 10.8 mi/17.3 km away.
Dressing for Puembo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 46°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 45°F at night
- Puembo gets about 39.92 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 72°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 44°F