Visitors can enjoy all that Chioggia has to offer including the museums, monuments, and churches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park and waterfront. St. Mark's Basilica, Rialto Bridge, and Peggy Guggenheim Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodations in Chioggia
- The closest major airport is in Venice (VCE-Marco Polo), 20 mi (32.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Treviso (TSF), 30.3 mi (48.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chioggia
Cultural venues in the city include Pinacoteca SS.ma Trinità, Museo Diocesano, and Museo civico della Laguna Sud. The city is notable for landmarks like Cathedral of Chioggia, Chioggia Belltower, and Chiesa di San Domenico. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Palazzo Comunale and Pescheria al minuto di Chioggia.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Chioggia. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Metropol - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
- Hotel Grande Italia - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center.
- QUALYS-HOTEL Venise Sud Bristol Chioggia - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Top places to see around the area include St. Mark's Basilica, located 15.2 mi (24.4 km) from the city center, and Rialto Bridge, which is 15.4 mi/24.8 km away.
Getting Around Chioggia
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Chioggia Station, Sant'Anna di Chioggia Station, or Cavanella d'Adige Station. Chioggia might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Chioggia
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 31°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 32°F
- About 33.46 inches of rain falls on Chioggia each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 33°F