Visitors to Chowchilla are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cocktail bars, live music, and churches.
- You'll find 34 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Banos
- The closest major airport is in Merced, CA (MCE-Merced Municipal), 18.4 mi (29.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mariposa, CA (RMY-Mariposa-Yosemite), 31.9 mi (51.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chowchilla
Favorite places to visit in the city include Sports and Leisure Park, Pheasant Run Golf Course, and Fossil Discovery Center of Madera County. In the area, you'll also find San Joaquin Wine Company and Madera District Fair.
This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
Dressing for Chowchilla
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 97°F with nighttime averages of 53°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- Chowchilla gets about 11.77 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 95°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 37°F