Families will find kid-friendly activities in Merced, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and university setting.
- You'll find 34 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Banos
- The closest major airport is in Merced, CA (MCE-Merced Municipal), 2.2 mi (3.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mariposa, CA (RMY-Mariposa-Yosemite), 28.4 mi (45.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Merced
Favorite family attractions include Merced County Fairgrounds and Applegate Park Zoo. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Merced College and University of California Merced. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Poker Flats Casino and Merced County Courthouse Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Merced. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Merced - Our customers like the WiFi and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott Merced - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and convenient parking.
Getting Around Merced
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Merced Station. Merced might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Merced
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 68°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 93°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 95°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Merced is 11.89 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 94°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 37°F