Visiting Cies Islands
Visitors can enjoy all that Cies Islands has to offer including its parks. Top sights around the area include Castro Fortress and Museum of Contemporary Art.
- There are 431 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Vigo (VGO-Peinador), 13.9 mi (22.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cies Islands
The city's natural beauty is on display at Penela de Carabelos, Illa de Montefaro, and Penela dos Viños. Additionally, you might want to add Atlantic Islands of Galicia National Park to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation to Cies Islands, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 131 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Argentino is located 9.6 mi (15.5 km) from the heart of Cies Islands. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Vigo can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and overall value.
- Eurostars Mar de Vigo is 8.7 mi (13.9 km) from the center of Cies Islands. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Vigo can enjoy access to a fitness center and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- AGUA DE MaR Hotel Boutique is 9.7 mi (15.5 km) from central Cies Islands. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Vigo can enjoy access to a bar and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its WiFi and comfortable beds.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Castro Fortress, located 9.1 mi (14.6 km) from the city center, and Museum of Contemporary Art, which is 9.4 mi (15.1 km) away.
Dressing for Cies Islands
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 63°F and the nighttime average to be 44°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- Cies Islands gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 45°F