Visitors can enjoy all that Clarence has to offer including its parks. There are 235 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Bathurst, NSW (BHS), 33.1 mi (53.3 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Clarence
A couple of favorite places to visit are Zig Zag Railway and Wollemi National Park. In the area, you'll also find State Mine Heritage Park and Railway and Eskbank House and Museum.
As you make plans for a getaway to Clarence, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 20 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Fairmont Resort & Spa Blue Mountains MGallery by Sofitel is located 18.6 mi (30 km) from the heart of Clarence. This 3.5-star hotel in Leura features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its pool and quiet location.
- The Carrington Hotel is 17.4 mi (27.9 km) from the center of Clarence. This 3.5-star hotel in Katoomba features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and convenient parking.
- Lilianfels Resort & Spa - Blue Mountains is 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from central Clarence. This 5-star hotel in Katoomba features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and pool.
Getting Around Clarence
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Zig Zag Station or Top Points Station. Clarence may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Clarence
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 84°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 46°F
- From April to June, the average is 75°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 32°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Clarence is 1.02 inches
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F