Families will find kid-friendly activities in Cointrin, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, local tours, and coffeehouses. Around the area, top sights include Palexpo, Ariana Ceramics and Glass Museum, and United Nations European Headquarters.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Cointrin
- The closest major airport is in Geneva (GVA-Cointrin Intl.), 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cointrin
Palexpo, Ariana Ceramics and Glass Museum, and United Nations European Headquarters are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art and Reformation Wall Monument.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Cointrin. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Movenpick Hotel & Casino Geneva - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Crowne Plaza Geneva - Our customers love the proximity to public transit and high-quality beds at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and a fitness center.
- Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar. Expedia customers like its central location and comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit around the area include Saint-Pierre Cathedral, 2.5 mi/4.1 km from the city center, and Bourg-de-Four Square, which is 2.6 mi/4.2 km away.
Getting Around Cointrin
Head over to Avanchet Tram Stop to catch metro. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Cointrin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 29°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 63°F as the daytime average and 30°F as the nighttime average
- Cointrin gets about 33.70 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 30°F