Find Hotels in Geneva
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Mar 9, 2020
Reviewed on Dec 31, 2019
Reviewed on Mar 21, 2020
Where to stay in Geneva
4/5Very Good!(194 area reviews)
Known for its panoramic lake views and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Downtown Geneva. Check out top attractions like Notre Dame Basilica and Brunswick Monument, and jump on the metro at Cornavin Tram Stop or Mole Tram Stop to see more of the city.
Geneva Old Town
4.5/5Wonderful!(42 area reviews)
Historic sites, lake views, and shopping are just a few things travelers like about Geneva Old Town. Sights like Chapel of the Maccabees and Saint-Pierre Cathedral are spots to explore, and you can get around the greater Geneva City Centre area at Molard Tram Stop.
4.5/5Wonderful!(29 area reviews)
Shopping, restaurants, and historic sites highlight some notable features of Plainpalais. Make a stop by Patek Philippe Watch Museum or Museum of Ethnography Geneva while you're visiting, and jump aboard the metro at Uni-Mail Tram Stop or Plainpalais Tram Stop to get around town.
If you're spending some time in Les Savoises, Patek Philippe Watch Museum and Museum of Ethnography Geneva are top sights worth seeing.
Rues Basses - Old Town
Shopping, lake views, and restaurants highlight some notable features of Rues Basses - Old Town. Make a stop by Flower Clock or Rue du Rhône while you're visiting, and jump aboard the metro at Molard Tram Stop or Rive Tram Stop to get around town.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Geneva, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, shopping, and abundant cafés. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, restaurants, and local tours. Top sights in the city include Saint-Pierre Cathedral, Bourg-de-Four Square, and Reformation Wall Monument.
- There are 126 hotels and other accommodations in Geneva
- The closest major airport is in Geneva (GVA-Cointrin Intl.), 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Geneva
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art (MAMCO), Ariana Ceramics and Glass Museum, and Museum of Art and History. Attractions like Paquis Baths and Geneve Plage are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Saint-Pierre Cathedral, Bourg-de-Four Square, and Reformation Wall Monument.
In Geneva, you'll find 126 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Le jour et la nuit - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse in Petit-Saconnex can enjoy access to free breakfast and parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its proximity to public transit and comfortable rooms.
- Hotel d'Angleterre Geneva - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar.
- Hôtel de La Cigogne - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Geneva Old Town can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Geneva include Jet d'Eau Fountain, United Nations European Headquarters, and Palexpo. Top places to see in the area include CERN, located 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city center, and Vitam Water Park, which is 6 mi/9.7 km away.
Getting Around Geneva
With so many choices for transportation, seeing all of Geneva is simple. You can access metro transit at Molard Tram Stop, Rive Tram Stop, and Bel-Air Tram Stop. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Geneva Station, Geneve-Secheron Station, or Lancy Pont-Rouge Station.
Dressing for Geneva
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 77°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 30°F
- Geneva gets about 33.70 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 75°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 30°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Geneva?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Geneva, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Geneva?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Geneva?
Where is the best place to stay in Saint-Gervais / des Grottes?
What's a favorite place to stay in Geneva Old Town?
What's the best place to stay when traveling with kids to Geneva?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic vacation to Geneva?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Geneva?
Where is the best hotel to stay near Palexpo?
What about the best place to stay near CERN?
Recent reviews of Geneva hotels
More trip options
- Geneva Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Geneva Airports
- Hotels in Geneva Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Geneva Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Geneva
- More Hotel Options in Geneva
- Geneva Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Geneva
- Other Hotels near Geneva, Geneva
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends