Visitors to Coleraine are sure to enjoy the gardens and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its golf courses. A top sight in the area is Giant's Causeway.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodations in Coleraine
- The closest major airport is in Londonderry (LDY-City of Derry), 19 mi (30.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Belfast (BFS-Belfast Intl.), 32.4 mi (52.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Coleraine
The gardens, countryside, and riverfront exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Portstewart Strand and Castlerock Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hezlett House and Castlerock Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Coleraine. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Crowfield House - This 5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Agivey Lodge - Our customers like the breakfast and clean rooms at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Brown Trout Golf & Country Inn - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Giant's Causeway, 15.1 mi/24.3 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Coleraine
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 64°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 57°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- Coleraine gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 64°F, while March and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F