Visitors can enjoy all that Cornell has to offer including its parks. There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Eau Claire, WI (EAU-Chippewa Valley Regional), 24.7 mi (39.8 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Cornell
A favorite place to visit in the city is Brunet Island State Park. Additionally, you'll find Twin Oaks Golf Course and Pine Point County Park in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Cornell, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can select from 22 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Chippewa Falls, WI is located 19.6 mi (31.5 km) from the heart of Cornell. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Chippewa Falls can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and comfortable rooms.
- AmericInn by Wyndham Chippewa Falls is 19.1 mi (30.8 km) from the center of Cornell. This 2.5-star hotel in Chippewa Falls features 3 indoor pools, free breakfast, and free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Cobblestone Hotel & Suites is 18 mi (29 km) from central Cornell. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Chippewa Falls can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and WiFi.
Dressing for Cornell
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 0°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 25°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 2°F
- Cornell gets about 32.24 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 3°F