Visiting Costa Brava
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Costa Brava, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and cafés. Top sights in the city include Roses Beach, Cadaques Beach, and Tossa de Mar Beach.
- There are 7301 hotels and other accommodations in Costa Brava
- The closest major airport is in Gerona (GRO-Costa Brava), 17.4 mi (28.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Perpignan (PGF-Perpignan - Rivesaltes Intl.), 50.7 mi (81.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Costa Brava
Cultural venues in the city include Castle of Pubol, Cork Museum, and Museu de la Pesca. Families come for attractions such as Water World, Butterfly Park Empuriabrava, and Parc Aventura. The city is notable for landmarks like Castle of Peratallada, Castle of Montgri, and Torre de les Hores.
In Costa Brava, you'll be able to select from 7301 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Mas de Torrent Hotel & Spa - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Hotel BlauMar Llafranc - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hotel Portbo - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Other favorite sights in Costa Brava include Roses Beach, Cadaques Beach, and Tossa de Mar Beach. Popular places to see outside the city include Girona Cathedral, 12.4 mi/19.9 km from the heart of the city, and Dali Museum, which is 17.9 mi/28.8 km away.
Getting Around Costa Brava
If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Flaça Station, Sant Jordi Desvalls Station, or Sant Miquel de Fluvià Station. Costa Brava may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Costa Brava
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 63°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Costa Brava is 0.63 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 37°F