Travelers to Cranbrook give high marks for the ski areas, magnificent mountain views, and pristine golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums. Top sights in the city include Kimberley Alpine Resort and Fernie Alpine Resort.
- There are 132 hotels and other accommodations in Cranbrook
- The closest major airport is in Cranbrook, BC (YXC-Canadian Rockies Intl.), 6.8 mi (10.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cranbrook
Cultural venues in the city include Kimberley's Underground Mining Railway, Arts Station, and Creston Museum. The mountain views and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Lake Koocanusa, Columbia Mountains, and Kimberley Nature Park. Skiing, fishing, and biking are top activities, while sights to visit include Kimberley Golf Club, Trickle Creek Golf Course, and Fernie Memorial Arena.
In Cranbrook, you'll find 132 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- St. Marys River Bed and Breakfast - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Blackstone B&B - Our customers like the convenient parking and quiet location at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a spa tub and a sauna, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Almo Court Motel - This 2.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace. Expedia customers like its overall value and central location.
Other top sights in Cranbrook include Kimberley Alpine Resort and Fernie Alpine Resort.
Dressing for Cranbrook
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 11°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 12°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Cranbrook is 0.59 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 76°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 14°F