Visitors can enjoy all that Dendermonde has to offer including the theaters, monuments, and museums. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping and restaurants. Top sights around the area include Mini-Europe, Atomium, and Belgian Comic Strip Center.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Dendermonde
- The closest major airport is in Antwerp (ANR-Antwerp Intl.), 19.2 mi (31 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Brussels (BRU-Brussels - National), 19.4 mi (31.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dendermonde
Cultural venues in the city include Belgica Cultural Centre, Meat House Museum, and Zwijveke Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Abbey of St. Peter and St. Paul and Dendermonde Town Hall and Belfry.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Dendermonde. This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Abalona - This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Mini-Europe, 14.2 mi/22.9 km from the city center, and Atomium, which is 14.2 mi (22.9 km) away.
Getting Around Dendermonde
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Dendermonde Station, St-Gillis Station, or Oudegem Station. Dendermonde may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Dendermonde
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Dendermonde gets about 1.18 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 35°F