Families will find kid-friendly activities in Derricks, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its seaside. Kensington Oval, Barbados Parliament Buildings, and Brownes Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodations in Derricks
- The closest major airport is in Bridgetown (BGI-Grantley Adams Intl.), 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Derricks
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Kensington Oval, Barbados Parliament Buildings, and Brownes Beach. In the area, you'll also find Huntes Gardens and Bathsheba Beach.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Derricks. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels All Inclusive Resort - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Angler Apartments - Our customers like the beach locale and clean rooms at this apartment. With a stay at this 2.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
Popular places to visit outside the city include St. Nicholas Abbey, located 9.2 mi (14.9 km) from the city center, and Animal Flower Cave, which is 12.7 mi/20.4 km away.
Dressing for Derricks
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 87°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 67°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 69°F as the nighttime average
- About 46.57 inches of rain falls on Derricks each year
- September and May are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 68°F